Using table as navigation bar?

Eric Pinnell

I 've already got a menu bar set up, but when I saw the ak47.net
web site, I decided I liked the cool layout.
I found that using position: fixed is a PITA if I used different
paragraphs, so what I was thinking was using a table with position
fixed, then using <td style="XYZ"> and <td style ="ABC"> so that each
line in the table could have a different look and feel. Since the
entire table would be fixed, I wouldn't have to calculate the position
to figure out where each element would go. Is this the best way for me
to create a nav bar with different style elements on each line?

Eric Pinnell

(Author, "Claws of The Dragon", "The Omega File")

For a preview, see: http://www.ericpinnell.com and click on "books"