    I know how to open a new window through javascript. Is there anyway to open
    a new tab for IE/Firefox so we don't have all these instances of IE running?

    TIA - Jeff.

    Mufasa, Jun 28, 2007

  2. Jeff-

    AFAIK, no, there's no way to "target=_tab" or anything as tabs are not part
    of the W3C's specifications for HTML 4.01. Also, unless you're in a production
    environment that guarantees a set browser type, you never truly know the
    features, versions, and browsers of your consumers--and would be left always
    creating two solutions: tabbed and tab-less.

    If you hit up Google, there's dozens of debates for the pros and cons for
    implementation of this as part of browser-specific specifications, W3C specs,
    and all sorts. If you feel strongly about it, find the group that meets
    your needs and see what happens.

    HTH.

    -dl

    --