Using tabs instead of a new window.

Mufasa

I know how to open a new window through javascript. Is there anyway to open
a new tab for IE/Firefox so we don't have all these instances of IE running?

TIA - Jeff.

David R. Longnecker

Jeff-

AFAIK, no, there's no way to "target=_tab" or anything as tabs are not part
of the W3C's specifications for HTML 4.01. Also, unless you're in a production
environment that guarantees a set browser type, you never truly know the
features, versions, and browsers of your consumers--and would be left always
creating two solutions: tabbed and tab-less.

If you hit up Google, there's dozens of debates for the pros and cons for
implementation of this as part of browser-specific specifications, W3C specs,
and all sorts. If you feel strongly about it, find the group that meets
your needs and see what happens.

HTH.

-dl

--