using telnetlib

Phoe6

Hi All,
I am trying to use the telnetlib module.

Manually when I do
telnet 172.31.128.244
I get:

Login: (I type root)
Password: ( I type Password)
And it enters to the Telnet Session:
[root]#

Now, I am trying to use telnetlib module
Cursor stays over here forever!. Delays are not working. I tried all
the codes mentioned n c.l.p, but i have not yet been able to get
telnetlib working.
Any suggestions as how to troubleshoot and resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Senthil

Bjoern Schliessmann

^^^

With telnet, use "\r\n" for line breaks at *all* times to be on the
safe side. Also, what's the ":" at the end for?
Regards,

Björn

Phoe6

^^^

With telnet, use "\r\n" for line breaks at *all* times to be on the
safe side.

Thanks a lot, Björn.
That did help and solved my problem. ":" after \n was just a typo.

Bjoern Schliessmann

Phoe6 said:
That did help and solved my problem. ":" after \n was just a typo.

Thanks for feedback :) I've had a similar problem once, too.

Regards,

Björn