Using text box and browse button.

Amit Kumar

Hi,

I am facing a problem...and I need ur help.

The problem is....I have to display a textbox and a 'BROWSE' button to
select an image(logo) and the path selected should come in textbox, and
then to store this image in the database as BLOB datatype.

I am coding it in Java with Oracle database.
How should I go for it???
Please help me............

Oliver Wong

Amit Kumar said:
Hi,

I am facing a problem...and I need ur help.

The problem is....I have to display a textbox and a 'BROWSE' button to
select an image(logo) and the path selected should come in textbox, and
then to store this image in the database as BLOB datatype.

I am coding it in Java with Oracle database.
How should I go for it???
Please help me............

Start with writing the GUI stuff, and don't worry about the DB yet.
There's a tutorial for GUI stuff at
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/index.html

Once you've got that done, do the DB stuff. Read the tutorial at
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/jdbc/index.html

- Oliver