    view the current page in the browser.... it always displays some other page
    from the site. then I have to manually enter my filename in the browser to
    call the page i want to.??

    dharma25 via DotNetMonster.com, Feb 24, 2005

  2. In the Solution Explorer, right-click the page you want to load and select
    "Set as Start Page" from the context menu.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    Neither a follower nor a lender be.

    Kevin Spencer, Feb 24, 2005

  3. Both F5 and the Start icon are for debugging the application, not for
    previewing the current page in the browser. The Start debugging action must
    point to one single page in the application as an entry page to the process,
    that way it can begin showing debug information and step through your
    application. You set the start page by right-clicking the web application
    root icon, selecting properties, then selecting Configuration Properties |
    Debugging and entering in the page under the Start Page option. To view a
    particular page, right-click that page in the solution exlporer and select
    View in Browser.

    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick
    Microsoft MVP - FrontPage