Using WebRequest to Replace MSXML3.DLL COM Object

leeo

Hi

We've upgraded to VB.NET from VB6, but are now having some difficulty
in understanding how to communicate data to the DPB website (the dental
practice board). Could anyone help in translating the following
function so that we can use .NET components rather than COM (I
understand we should be using WebRequest):

Public Function SendClaims(ByVal vsXML as String, ByVal vsUserName As
String, ByVal vsPassword as String) as String

Dim objXMLHTTP As MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP

Set objXMLHTTP = New ServerXMLHTTP

ObjXMLHTTP.open "POST", "https://ebusiness.dpb.nhs.uk/claims.asp",
False, vsUserName, vsPassword

ObjXMLHTTP.send sXML

SendClaims = objXMLHTTP.responseXML.xml

End Function

Your assistance would be very much appreciated as I'm completely out of
my depth on this one.

Thanks

Richard Brown

leeo said:
[...]

Have a read of the following:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/system.net.webrequest.aspx
and
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/system.net.httpwebrequest.aspx

Joerg Jooss

Thus wrote leeo,
Hi

We've upgraded to VB.NET from VB6, but are now having some difficulty
in understanding how to communicate data to the DPB website (the
dental practice board). Could anyone help in translating the
following function so that we can use .NET components rather than COM
(I understand we should be using WebRequest):

Public Function SendClaims(ByVal vsXML as String, ByVal vsUserName As
String, ByVal vsPassword as String) as String

Dim objXMLHTTP As MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP

Set objXMLHTTP = New ServerXMLHTTP

ObjXMLHTTP.open "POST", "https://ebusiness.dpb.nhs.uk/claims.asp",
False, vsUserName, vsPassword

ObjXMLHTTP.send sXML

SendClaims = objXMLHTTP.responseXML.xml

End Function

Your assistance would be very much appreciated as I'm completely out
of my depth on this one.

http://tinyurl.com/olwyg should get you going :)

Cheers,