Using XML w/ Python...

uche.ogbuji

"""
['__builtins__', '__doc__', '__file__', '__name__', '__path__',
'__version__', 'binderytools', 'os', 'parse']
"""

So it's not able to load domtools. What do you get trying

from amara import domtools
print domtools.py

Rick Wotnaz

(e-mail address removed) wrote in

"""
Spoke too soon, i get this error when running amara in
ActivePython

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\amara\__init__.py", line
50, in
parse
if IsXml(source):
NameError: global name 'IsXml' is not defined

So im guessing theres an error with one of the files...
"""

IsXml is imported conditionally, so this is an indicator that
somethign about your module setup is still not agreeing with
ActivePython. What do you see as the output of:

python -c "import amara; print dir(amara)"

? I get:

['InputSource', 'IsXml', 'Uri', 'Uuid', '__builtins__',
'__doc__', '__file__', '__name__', '__path__', '__version__',
'bindery', 'binderytools', 'binderyxpath', 'create_document',
'dateutil_standins', 'domtools', 'os', 'parse', 'pushbind',
'pushdom', 'pyxml_standins', 'saxtools']

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but it got me interested in
installing amara. I downloaded Amara-allinone-1.0.win32-py2.4.exe
and ran it. It professed that the installation directory was to be
D:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\ ... but it placed FT and amara in D:
\Python24\Python24\Lib\site-packages . Possibly the installer is
part of the problem here?

uche.ogbuji

"""
Not wanting to hijack this thread, but it got me interested in
installing amara. I downloaded Amara-allinone-1.0.win32-py2.4.exe
and ran it. It professed that the installation directory was to be
D:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\ ... but it placed FT and amara in D:
\Python24\Python24\Lib\site-packages . Possibly the installer is
part of the problem here?
"""

That's really good to know. Someone else builds the Windows installer
package for Amara (I'm a near Windows illiterate), but I definitely
want to help be sure the installer works properly. In fact, your
message rings a bell that this specifically came up before:

http://lists.fourthought.com/pipermail/4suite/2005-November/007610.html

I'll have to ask some of the Windows gurus on the 4Suite list whether
they know why this might be. Do you mind if I cc you on those
messages, so that you can perhaps try out any solutions we come up
with?

Thanks.

[...]

I'd be delighted to run them. Bring 'em on!

If this is useful information: the opening screen of the installer
correctly shows D:\Python24\ as my Python directory, and correctly
shows (on my computer):
D:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\ as the Installation Directory. The
file names as it installs are of the form
"Python24\Lib\site-packages\...", which to me hints that it takes
that generated name and appends it to the Python directory to
produce the actual file path it then uses.

Jay

Umm, yea, u definatly hijacked my thread. If you didnt mean to then
dont....

But anyway, i get this...Traceback (most recent call last):

suggestions?

uche.ogbuji

"""
But anyway, i get this...
Traceback (most recent call last):
NameError: name 'domtools' is not defined
"""

Sheesh! That right after waking up. And it shows :)

Should have been "print domtools.__file__"

uche.ogbuji

Rick, thanks. Based on your clue I checked, and it seems those Amara
packages are not being built rightly. I'll look to get those packages
fixed and updated tomorrow.