/usr/include/bits/waitstatus.h:78: error: declaration of `unsigned int

Discussion in 'C++' started by novice, Jan 12, 2007.

  1. novice

    novice Guest

    Hi guys,
    I am getting the following errors while compiling my program.
    Since I have never encountered these errors before, I have no idea what
    is making them pop up. Any help would be great. Thanks.

    In file included from /usr/include/stdlib.h:43,
    from /usr/include/c++/3.3/cstdlib:52,
    from /usr/include/c++/3.3/bits/stl_algobase.h:67,
    from /usr/include/c++/3.3/algorithm:66,
    from webcat_rabin.cc:1:
    /usr/include/bits/waitstatus.h:78: error: declaration of `unsigned int
    wait::<anonymous struct>::__w_retcode'
    /usr/include/bits/waitstatus.h:73: error: conflicts with previous
    declaration `
    unsigned int wait::<anonymous struct>::__w_retcode'
    /usr/include/bits/waitstatus.h:79: error: declaration of `unsigned int
    wait::<anonymous struct>::__w_coredump'
    novice, Jan 12, 2007

  2. novice

    Puppet_Sock Guest

    novice wrote:
    [snips]
    > /usr/include/bits/waitstatus.h:73: error: conflicts with previous
    > declaration `

    Maybe if you highlight the important part. The compiler thinks
    you've declared the same symbol twice, and in two different ways.
    In order to fix this, you need to remove one declaration. Or, and
    I'm not sure about this part, especially since you posted no code,
    you might fix it by making both declarations identical.

    By the way, it wouldn't hurt to read the FAQ. Find it in the "read
    this first" post that gets posted regularly here.
    Socks
    Puppet_Sock, Jan 12, 2007