UTF-8 problems in ASP pages

Supertzar

Here are the details of my problem. I'm using a SQLite database, it's
actually the one that SlimServer (www.slimdevices.com) generates, on a
Windows 2000 server. I've written a VB6 program that copies a field
(column) from one table to another. Using SqLiteSpy, I can see that
the data gets copied without problems. This leads me to believe that
the ODBC driver is handling UTF-8 characters correctly. But, when I
access the database from an ASP page I've written, text with high
order characters come out garbled.
My ASP page's headers have @codepage=65001 and Response.Charset =
"UTF-8". And the html pages they generate all have a meta line with
meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8".
I don't know what else could be causing this. Can anyone tell me what
I need to do to fix this?