VAG Rounded Black SSi font comes and goes??

Discussion in 'HTML' started by rosco, Apr 23, 2004.

  1. rosco

    rosco Guest

    I am constructing a site, starting with a text editor, using HTML, moving
    into CSS. I recently found and used VAG Rounded Black SSi font, among
    others, but sometimes it is not recognized. Sometimes it is. When I view
    available fonts in the pull-down menu of MS Word, sometimes it is there,
    sometimes not. Even when a htm file is converted from a txt file with a
    working VAG RB SSi , it will fail to work again when called up by IE or
    Netscape or Oracle. Why should these browsers care if MS Word has lost this
    font, for whatever reason, if the htm file has already been successfully
    converted from the txt file with a working VAG font?

    I thought perhaps the problem was a function of me using the "strict" DOC
    declaration versus the "transistional" -- but no!

    I really like the font. What gives? I've re-installed MS office 2000, but
    no go.

    Dazed and confused,
    Rosco,
    (TIA)
    rosco, Apr 23, 2004

  2. rosco

    Hywel Guest

    In article <2f2ic.174$>,
    says...
    > I am constructing a site, starting with a text editor, using HTML, moving
    > into CSS. I recently found and used VAG Rounded Black SSi font, among
    > others, but sometimes it is not recognized. Sometimes it is. When I view
    > available fonts in the pull-down menu of MS Word, sometimes it is there,
    > sometimes not. Even when a htm file is converted from a txt file with a
    > working VAG RB SSi , it will fail to work again when called up by IE or
    > Netscape or Oracle. Why should these browsers care if MS Word has lost this
    > font, for whatever reason, if the htm file has already been successfully
    > converted from the txt file with a working VAG font?
    >
    > I thought perhaps the problem was a function of me using the "strict" DOC
    > declaration versus the "transistional" -- but no!
    >
    > I really like the font. What gives? I've re-installed MS office 2000, but
    > no go.

    It's not a HTML or web development issue, apart from the fact that not
    everyone has that font so they won't see it anyway.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/
    Hywel, Apr 23, 2004