Valgrind: problem opening proc/self/maps

Discussion in 'C++' started by mfried, Oct 24, 2006.

  1. mfried

    mfried Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm testing an application using valgrind 3.2.0 unter Linux kernel 2.4.
    When the test are finished and the app terminates valgrind gives the
    error:

    --15631:0:aspacem Valgrind: FATAL: I/O error on /proc/self/maps
    --15631:0:aspacem Exiting now.

    My first thought was that I need more access rights on that file, but
    my user can do a "cat /proc/self/maps" - so this shouldn't be the
    problem.

    Does anybody know a solution for this?

    Best regards
    Markus

    mfried, Oct 24, 2006

  2. mfried wrote:
    > I'm testing an application using valgrind 3.2.0 unter Linux kernel
    > 2.4. When the test are finished and the app terminates valgrind gives
    > the error:
    >
    > --15631:0:aspacem Valgrind: FATAL: I/O error on /proc/self/maps
    > --15631:0:aspacem Exiting now.
    >
    > My first thought was that I need more access rights on that file, but
    > my user can do a "cat /proc/self/maps" - so this shouldn't be the
    > problem.
    >
    > Does anybody know a solution for this?

    Somebody probably knows, but comp.lang.c++ is NOT the right place to
    discuss it. Please visit http://www.valgrind.org/ and find the info
    on how to ask them or others questions on using the product.

    Victor Bazarov, Oct 24, 2006