validate a link

Guoqi Zheng

How can I check in real time whether a link is valide or not?

I am thinking to use system.net.webclient to connect directly to the web
server. However, that will get all the content of that webpage which may
takes some time. Is there a way to only get the header info of that webpage
which is enought to determine whether a page exists or not?

--
Kind regards

Guoqi Zheng
guoqi AT meetholland dot com