    way, and without problems with the rest of the ASP.NET?

    Thanks.
    , Dec 17, 2008

  2. Sergio,

    If I understand, you want to stop individual control validation when moving
    from one control to the other. And you also want to validate a certain group
    of controls on a page.

    To stop validation when moving from one control to another the easiest way
    to do so will be to turn off client side validation and only validate server
    side. Do this by setting EnableClientScript to False.

    To group controls for validation so that you can have separate validation
    when two different buttons are clicked set the ValidationGroup to the same
    string value for all validators and the button you want to validate on the
    same button click.

    --
    Sincerely,

    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    Web Developer

    Free code library at:
    www.aboutfortunate.com

    "Out of chaos comes order."
    Nietzsche

    S. Justin Gengo, Dec 17, 2008

    Hi Justin:

    Finally, I think that I found a simple solution for this. I hope that
    it will be a good solution.

    1. Don't use validator controls for any controls.
    2. Only use a CustomValidator control. Furthermore, it will be a
    novisible control (with top: -500px for example).
    3. Do the entire validation in the code of this last validator
    control.

    Something like this:

    <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false"
    CodeFile="Default4.aspx.vb" Inherits="Default4" %>

    <head runat="server">
    <title></title>

    function validacionFormulario(sender, e) {
    //debugger
    var s = "";
    var r = true;
    if (!($get("<%=TextBox1.ClientID%>").value)) {
    s += "TextBox1 is required.\n";
    r = false;
    }
    if (!($get("<%=TextBox2.ClientID%>").value)) {
    s += "TextBox2 is required.\n";
    r = false;
    }
    if (!($get("<%=TextBox3.ClientID%>").value)) {
    s += "TextBox3 is required.\n";
    r = false;
    }
    if (!($get("<%=TextBox4.ClientID%>").value)) {
    s += "TextBox4 is required.\n";
    r = false;
    }
    e.IsValid = r;
    if (!r)
    alert(s);
    }
    </script>

    .dummy
    {
    position: absolute;
    top: -5000px;
    }
    </head>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
    </asp:ScriptManager>
    <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox5" runat="server" ReadOnly="true"
    CssClass="dummy"></asp:TextBox>
    <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" />
    <asp:CustomValidator ID="CustomValidator1" runat="server"
    ControlToValidate="TextBox5"
    Display="None" ErrorMessage="CustomValidator"
    ClientValidationFunction="validacionFormulario"
    SetFocusOnError="false" ValidateEmptyText="true"></
    asp:CustomValidator>
    </form>

    On 17 dic, 13:53, "S. Justin Gengo" <justin[remove-to-mail]@about-
    delete-to-mail-fortunate.com> wrote:
    > Sergio,
    >
    > If I understand, you want to stop individual control validation when moving
    > from one control to the other. And you also want to validate a certain group
    > of controls on a page.
    >
    > To stop validation when moving from one control to another the easiest way
    > to do so will be to turn off client side validation and only validate server
    > side. Do this by setting EnableClientScript to False.
    >
    > To group controls for validation so that you can have separate validation
    > when two different buttons are clicked set the ValidationGroup to the same
    > string value for all validators and the button you want to validate on the
    > same button click.
    >
    > --
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    > Web Developer
    >
    > Free code library at:www.aboutfortunate.com
    >
    > "Out of chaos comes order."
    > Nietzsche
    >
    > <> wrote in message

    > > Hello:
    > > I hope that my english will be readable, I have expended a lot of time
    > > for writing this message ;-)

    > > I have been using the validation controls in several applications.
    > > After this I have not found a control for validating the form as a
    > > whole and during the onsubmit event. I remember that in classic ASP I
    > > did this without much effort. But now, I have tried with property
    > > ValidationGroup, control CustomValidator or ValidationSummary, but I
    > > always have a partial resolution for this problem. Perhaps, with
    > > Javascript but finally I have problems with AJAX and other built-in
    > > features.

    > > I want to validate the controls only during the onsubmit event, not
    > > before.

    > > Anyone know a server control  or similar that lets do this in a simple
    > > way, and without problems with the rest of the ASP.NET?

    > > Thanks.- Ocultar texto de la cita -

    > - Mostrar texto de la cita -
    , Dec 19, 2008