Validation Breaks Postback

william.oram

I have a few controls on a basic form I'm working on that make use of
postback: for example, click a checkbox to make Panel1 and its
subcontrols visible.

I've since added clientside and serverside validation and suddenly
postback is broken. Only if 'Submit' is clicked does the form update
with changes that should have occured automatically.

Page_Load() has nothing involving IsPostBack, and all applicable
controls are set to AutoPostBack. These controls reacted appropriately
before I meddled in validation, so I have no idea what else could be
breaking it. I'd love to supply code to back myself up on this, but
I'm utterly lost.

Thanks!

David Wier

I'm not exactly sure of your situation - - but for any controls that you
don't want to cause validation - try checking the 'CausesValidation'
property for that control, and make the setting appropriately

David Wier
http://aspnet101.com
bloated markup

william.oram

The checkbox enabling a Panel is already set to CausesValidation=true,
as are like controls. Fields that don't interact are set to false. The
submit button is set to false, but Page.Validate() occurs in the
codebehind.