Validation controls and postback

Tim Payne

I've noticed an odd behaviour on a couple of site when validation controls
are used with client side script. Even though the form is valid, the
postback event is not fired. Everything works fine when enableclientscript
is set to false. It usually happens on sites that have been moved from one
server to another, although I have had it spontaneously occur on a site
where it worked previously before. Has anyone come across this before, or
does anyone know of a possible cause/solution?

Regards,

Tim.

sreejith.ram

Not sure, if this would help.

I would take a look at following folder for WebUIValidation.js
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\ASP.NETClientFiles

if it doesnt exist, that could be the problem. And if it exists,
compare it with the copy in a working server.