Validation in DataGrids

Edward Bills

Hello,

I have a datagrid with an edit column that performs updates and another
command column that performs deletes. I then added controls to the footer
template and use them to add a new record. The problem I am having is that
when I try to use a validator for the add textbox in the footer the same
validator control tries to validate when the update button is clicked. Is
there any way to turn of certain validator controls for certain commands. I
know that there is the causes validation property but that turns all
validation off. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks