validation page

JJ297

I'm getting an error message on my validation page on this bit of
code:

If Request.QueryString = "" Then
Response.Redirect("cdpadmineditpage.aspx")
End If

This is the error message:
Overload resolution failed because no accessible '=' can be called
with these arguments:
'Public Shared Operator =(a As String, b As String) As Boolean': Value
of type 'System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection' cannot be
converted to 'String'.

I have a generated email going to someone when users enter a
question. The person answering the email will get a link to that
question. That link takes them to edit page with the question ID in
the querystring.

Here's the info that generates an email which is on another page.

Dim x As Integer
x = cmd.ExecuteScalar 'will bring back my quesID for the email
command.ExecuteNonQuery()

Dim ocdoEmail As New Object
ocdoEmail = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")
ocdoEmail.To = Session("GetEmail")
ocdoEmail.From = Session("GetEmail")
ocdoEmail.Subject = "EDCS Question"
ocdoEmail.HTMLBody =
"<a href=""http://seb2a54/cdpedcsfaqs/cdpadminEditpage.aspx?quesid=" &
x & """>
Click to view question that was submitted.</a>"

ocdoEmail.send()

How do write the code if the user is coming in from a querystring then
let them have access to that page when they click on the link when I'm
using ExecuteScalar?

If Request.QueryString = ??? Then
Response.Redirect("cdpadmineditpage.aspx")
End If

Thanks!

[...]

Figured it out...
If Request.QueryString("quesid") = "" Then
Response.Redirect("cdpadmineditpage.aspx")
End If

Guest

Hi,

if you are trying to test if query string exists use If
Request.QueryString.Count = 0.

Regards,
Ladislav