    ignored.

    Don't flame me for the script bugs. I did not write it as clearly stated in
    the comments.
    Richard, Jan 19, 2005

  2. Richard

    CarolW. Guest

    On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:52:25 -0600, "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001>
    wrote:

    >Checking my latest playtoy for errors I run across these two gems I can't
    >figure out.
    >
    >1) "div" not allowed here.

    "The mentioned element is not allowed to appear in the context in
    which you've placed it; the other mentioned elements are the only ones
    that are both allowed there and can contain the element mentioned.
    This might mean that you need a containing element, or possibly that
    you've forgotten to close a previous element.

    One possible cause for this message is that you have attempted to put
    a block-level element (such as "<p>" or "<table>") inside an inline

    Did you try to plate it in with a block level element? Looks to me, in
    a quick glance at the source shared along with the validation, that
    you did.

    >2) "A" not allowed here.

    "The element named above was found in a context where it is not
    allowed. This could mean that you have incorrectly nested elements --
    such as a "style" element in the "body" section instead of inside
    "head" -- or two elements that overlap (which is not allowed).

    One common cause for this error is the use of XHTML syntax in HTML
    documents. Due to HTML's rules of implicitly closed elements, this
    error can create cascading effects. For instance, using XHTML's
    "self-closing" tags for "meta" and "link" in the "head" section of a
    HTML document may cause the parser to infer the end of the "head"
    section and the beginning of the "body" section (where "link" and
    "meta" are not allowed; hence the reported error). "

    I would say this is due to the prior error and thus bringing up an
    error flag for -some- of the following lines.

    Carol
    CarolW., Jan 19, 2005

  3. In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
    > Checking my latest playtoy for errors I run across these two gems I can't
    > figure out.
    >
    > 1) "div" not allowed here.
    > 2) "A" not allowed here.
    >
    > www.somestuff.batcave.net/expandmenu2.htm
    >
    > Since that was put up, I have cleaned up a few items.
    > Put the script in an external file so any errors on that part should be
    > ignored.

    Simply looking at at the code would have shown you this:
    http://tinyurl.com/4a6fm

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.
    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 19, 2005
  4. Richard

    Richard Guest

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 06:58:18 -0000 Hywel Jenkins wrote:

    > In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
    >> Checking my latest playtoy for errors I run across these two gems I
    >> can't
    >> figure out.

    >> 1) "div" not allowed here.
    >> 2) "A" not allowed here.

    >> www.somestuff.batcave.net/expandmenu2.htm

    >> Since that was put up, I have cleaned up a few items.
    >> Put the script in an external file so any errors on that part should
    >> be
    >> ignored.

    > Simply looking at at the code would have shown you this:
    > http://tinyurl.com/4a6fm

    Sheeeeesh. Like I never dreamed of trying to run it through the validator?
    Duhhhhhh, hey dufus? What was the subject line?
    Richard, Jan 19, 2005
  5. Richard

    Richard Guest

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 06:36:34 GMT CarolW. wrote:

    > On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:52:25 -0600, "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001>
    > wrote:

    >>Checking my latest playtoy for errors I run across these two gems I
    >>can't
    >>figure out.

    >>1) "div" not allowed here.

    > "The mentioned element is not allowed to appear in the context in
    > which you've placed it; the other mentioned elements are the only ones
    > that are both allowed there and can contain the element mentioned.
    > This might mean that you need a containing element, or possibly that
    > you've forgotten to close a previous element.

    > One possible cause for this message is that you have attempted to put
    > a block-level element (such as "<p>" or "<table>") inside an inline

    > Did you try to plate it in with a block level element? Looks to me, in
    > a quick glance at the source shared along with the validation, that
    > you did.

    >>2) "A" not allowed here.

    > "The element named above was found in a context where it is not
    > allowed. This could mean that you have incorrectly nested elements --
    > such as a "style" element in the "body" section instead of inside
    > "head" -- or two elements that overlap (which is not allowed).

    > One common cause for this error is the use of XHTML syntax in HTML
    > documents. Due to HTML's rules of implicitly closed elements, this
    > error can create cascading effects. For instance, using XHTML's
    > "self-closing" tags for "meta" and "link" in the "head" section of a
    > HTML document may cause the parser to infer the end of the "head"
    > section and the beginning of the "body" section (where "link" and
    > "meta" are not allowed; hence the reported error). "

    > I would say this is due to the prior error and thus bringing up an
    > error flag for -some- of the following lines.

    > Carol

    Thank you very much. I noticed I had not ended one anchor tag properly.
    Closed it, no more errors with that part.
    That may explain why the one scroll bar refused to behave properly.
    Richard, Jan 19, 2005
  6. Richard

    Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 06:58:18 -0000 Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    >
    > > In article <>, Anonymous@127.001

    says...
    > >> Checking my latest playtoy for errors I run across these two gems

    > >> can't
    > >> figure out.

    > >> 1) "div" not allowed here.
    > >> 2) "A" not allowed here.

    > >> www.somestuff.batcave.net/expandmenu2.htm

    > >> Since that was put up, I have cleaned up a few items.
    > >> Put the script in an external file so any errors on that part

    should
    > >> be
    > >> ignored.

    > > Simply looking at at the code would have shown you this:
    > > http://tinyurl.com/4a6fm

    > Sheeeeesh. Like I never dreamed of trying to run it through the

    validator?

    You mean the validator that specifically pointed out your idiot coding
    errors?

    > Duhhhhhh, hey dufus?

    Are you talking to the mirror again?

    > What was the subject line?

    Erm, "Richard is a fuckwit"?

    You really are a thick twat. If you tested it against the validator
    why couldn't you figure out the fix? Oh yes, you're Richard the
    Stupid. I've even told you where the errors in your code are. Oh yes,
    you're Richard the Stupid. Well, I told you about two of them - you
    can figure the other 20ish out yourself - find some code to steal.

    Here's another couple of clues
    remove the <div> from with in the <a>
    un-nest the <a> elements

    Even when people try to help you you're a sarcastic prick. Oh yes,
    you're Richard the Stupid. For someone so unbelievably retarded you
    amuse me. Two things would happen if you had a brain cell: first you'd
    be arrested for theft; second - it would die of loneliness.

    --
    Hywel
    , Jan 19, 2005
  7. Richard

    Steve Pugh Guest

    Steve Pugh, Jan 19, 2005
  8. Richard

    Big Bill Guest

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 06:36:34 GMT, (CarolW.) wrote:

    >On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:52:25 -0600, "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Checking my latest playtoy for errors I run across these two gems I can't
    >>figure out.
    >>
    >>1) "div" not allowed here.

    >"The mentioned element is not allowed to appear in the context in
    >which you've placed it; the other mentioned elements are the only ones
    >that are both allowed there and can contain the element mentioned.
    >This might mean that you need a containing element, or possibly that
    >you've forgotten to close a previous element.
    >
    >One possible cause for this message is that you have attempted to put
    >a block-level element (such as "<p>" or "<table>") inside an inline
    >
    >Did you try to plate it in with a block level element? Looks to me, in
    >a quick glance at the source shared along with the validation, that
    >you did.
    >
    >>2) "A" not allowed here.

    >"The element named above was found in a context where it is not
    >allowed. This could mean that you have incorrectly nested elements --
    >such as a "style" element in the "body" section instead of inside
    >"head" -- or two elements that overlap (which is not allowed).
    >
    >One common cause for this error is the use of XHTML syntax in HTML
    >documents. Due to HTML's rules of implicitly closed elements, this
    >error can create cascading effects. For instance, using XHTML's
    >"self-closing" tags for "meta" and "link" in the "head" section of a
    >HTML document may cause the parser to infer the end of the "head"
    >section and the beginning of the "body" section (where "link" and
    >"meta" are not allowed; hence the reported error). "
    >
    >I would say this is due to the prior error and thus bringing up an
    >error flag for -some- of the following lines.
    >
    >Carol

    Hey CW, you two-timing us?

    BB

    --
    www.kruse.co.uk
    home of SEO that's shiny!
    Big Bill, Jan 19, 2005
  9. Richard

    CarolW. Guest

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:49:53 GMT, Big Bill <>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 06:36:34 GMT, (CarolW.) wrote:
    >

    >Hey CW, you two-timing us?

    .... innocently asks the man with his hand caught in the cookie jar
    too? ;)

    Carol
    CarolW., Jan 19, 2005
  10. Steve Pugh wrote:
    > "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote:
    >
    >> www.somestuff.batcave.net/expandmenu2.htm

    > Overlapping text. Nice.

    Text? You see text? All I see is a completely blank[*] page with a
    grey area down the left side of the viewport. And the rest is my
    default background color: aqua.

    * Well, almost blank. It does say
    "Free Hosting - yourname.batcave.net" in the top center.

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 19, 2005
  11. Richard

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:
    >Steve Pugh wrote:
    >> "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote:
    >>
    >>> www.somestuff.batcave.net/expandmenu2.htm

    >> Overlapping text. Nice.

    >Text? You see text? All I see is a completely blank[*] page with a
    >grey area down the left side of the viewport. And the rest is my
    >default background color: aqua.

    Yeah, I must have had JavaScript on at the time. Silly me.

    Steve

    --
    "Grab reality by the balls and squeeze." - Tempus Thales

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>
    Steve Pugh, Jan 19, 2005