Validator Control

Jim

Greetings,

A little about my situation(fairly simple)...I have an ASP.NET page
containing a number of TextBox controls with a button named "Update"
which saves all entered values back to the database. When the page is
loaded the controls contain the original values retrieved from the
database.

I have a few ValidatorControls on this page and each of these are
attached to one of the Textboxes. For the most part, the
ValidatorControls are checking to ensure a value is present. The
validation works great...but, when I click on the "Update" button
(which attempts to save all newly entered data back to the database),
I'm unable to retrieve any new values entered in the Textboxes. The
TextBox.Text properties of all textboxes on the page are equal to the
values that were initially assigned to them when the .aspx page was
loaded.

I must confess (and as you've already probably discerned by now), I'm a
Newbie...my meager understanding of the problem at this point is it's
b/c the ValidatorControls are disallowing the page to PostBack to the
server? I understand the ideal way to handle this would be to use
JavaScript.

I guess my question comes down to this...is there something simple I'm
missing and that I could change to make the TextBox.Text property
reflect the newly entered data. Or should I just scrap these
ValidatorControls and write JavaScript to do this.

Thanks for your time and any advice on this would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,
Jim