validator controls

Howard

I use a regex validator to check if a textbox is in email format. How do I
make sure zero length input is not accepted? Do I need to use another
requiredfield validator? or is check zero length built-in to the regex
validator?

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Zero length check is not built into the email validator regular expression.
For this you should use a RequiredFieldValidator control.
There's nothing wrong with using more than one validation control to
validate a single input control.

Here's more info:
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/Validation.aspx

Howard

Thanks Steve
I have another question about user controls

According to MSDN
If I use a user control like this
<Acme:Login id="MyLogin" UserId="John Doe" runat="server"/>
In the .cs file I put
public string UserId = "";
Then I can reference UserId from my code

my question is if i have a user control like this
<Acme:Login id="MyLogin" runat="server">something</Acme:Login>

How would I access the text in between the tags?

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Many (but not all) controls expose this as their Text property.