Validator problems

Stephen Noronha

Hi,

I have a page that has 3 text boxes (say Date, Phone Numbers, refCode), and
have requiredfieldvalidators and regularexpressionvalidators for date and
phone number
the problem is that if the user enters either date, phone number or refcode
the search process should occour and bind the datagrid with the resultset.
I cant have client side validation because if all 3 are not furnished then
the "button" will not work, so I have set EnableClientScript="False" and
Enabled="False"
depending on what is entered/furnished I Enable and check for values.

the Problem:
Firsttime I enter a value say date and click button, validation as well as
regularExpression for date works,
Now i clear the textbox and click button, there is a postback, no validation
occurs and the page reloads
I click again, then validation occurs

Can someone advice me why this happens and how can i get around this?
Thanks,
Stephen