    and most of all why server side validation don't work.

    any suggestion might help solving this weird problem.

    TIA, z.

    z f, Dec 2, 2004

  2. z f

    z f Guest

    more information

    to add information when i compare the sources of the HTML generated by the
    different pages, the defferences are:
    (is this only framework versions [X-AspNet-Version: 1.1.4322 header for
    both, but maybe on defferent OS - behave deferently...)
    (or it might be a configuration problem/differences)
    please advise....

    the form tag have
    local:
    onsubmit="if (!ValidatorOnSubmit()) return false;"
    hosting:
    onsubmit="ValidatorOnSubmit();"

    for the submit buttons i have
    local:
    onclick="if (typeof(Page_ClientValidate) == 'function')
    Page_ClientValidate(); "
    hosting:
    --nothing for onclick--

    the validation scripts in the bottom of the page are also different:
    local
    <!--
    var Page_ValidationActive = false;
    if (typeof(clientInformation) != "undefined" &&
    clientInformation.appName.indexOf("Explorer") != -1) {
    if (typeof(Page_ValidationVer) == "undefined")
    alert("Unable to find script library
    '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js'. Try placing this
    file manually, or reinstall by running 'aspnet_regiis -c'.");
    else if (Page_ValidationVer != "125")
    alert("This page uses an incorrect version of WebUIValidation.js.
    The page expects version 125. The script library is " + Page_ValidationVer +
    ".");
    else
    ValidatorOnLoad();
    }

    function ValidatorOnSubmit() {
    if (Page_ValidationActive) {
    return ValidatorCommonOnSubmit();
    }
    return true;
    }
    // -->
    </script>

    hosting:
    <script language="javascript">
    <!--
    var Page_ValidationActive = false;
    if (typeof(clientInformation) != "undefined" &&
    clientInformation.appName.indexOf("Explorer") != -1) {
    if ((typeof(Page_ValidationVer) != "undefined") && (Page_ValidationVer
    == "125"))
    ValidatorOnLoad();
    }

    function ValidatorOnSubmit() {
    if (Page_ValidationActive) {
    ValidatorCommonOnSubmit();
    // -->
    </script>

    z f, Dec 2, 2004

  3. Is there an Error or it just doesn't FIRE?
    But is your script ok?
    It might be your aspnet_client (IN your wwwroot folder)
    Try running "aspnet_regiis -c" from command!!
    Patrick

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljay5PLklnZQ==?=, Dec 2, 2004
  4. z f

    z f Guest

    the aspnet_client is the same
    see my other post with more information

    z f, Dec 2, 2004
  5. RE: more information

    Try checking for Page.IsValid in ur Script
    and try re-installing

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljay5PLklnZQ==?=, Dec 2, 2004
  6. z f

    z f Guest

    Re: more information

    i'm checking isValid.

    the changes are probably in the framework since the script library is the
    same ( i checked it)
    but what are they exactly, for god sake?
    it's a hosting i can't do anything.
    and the framework version is the same.
    is there any check on the framework i can do in my code to make sure
    everything i need or configuration settings is OK at run-time?

    z f, Dec 2, 2004
  7. Copy aspnet_client from your XP machine to your Win2003 machine under you
    website folder.

    -Regards,
    Jignesh

    Jignesh Desai, Dec 2, 2004
  8. z f

    z. f. Guest

    i did exactly that, but notice that the differrences are in the generated HTML by the framework, not in the referenced js script files.

    z. f., Dec 2, 2004