Variable Sequence Problem

Joined
May 1, 2023
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Hello All,
I need to breakdown an algorithm on pen and paper, but I am having trouble with it since it is not an arithmetic sequence problem. I broke down the pattern but still I am having trouble coming up with an algorithm for it. Can anybody please help.
Thank you!

Attachments

  • Page1.png
    Page1.png
    391.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Page2.png
    Page2.png
    358.1 KB · Views: 19
Joined
Sep 21, 2022
Messages
122
Reaction score
15
Code:
1: 01
2: 0223
3: 024345
4: 02464567
5: 0246856789

Split every line.

1: 0     1
2: 02    23
3: 024   345
4: 0246  4567
5: 02468 56789

2n-2 gives 0,2,4,6,8

2n-1 gives 1,3,5,7,9

REM BASIC demonstration
FOR N=1 TO 5
 S=""
 A=(2*N)-2
 B=(2*N)-1
 FOR I=0 TO A STEP 2
  S+=STR(I)
 NEXT
 FOR I=N TO B STEP 1
  S+=STR(I)
 NEXT
 ? N;" ";S
NEXT

Joined
May 1, 2023
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
WhiteCube you are awesome!!! The question really confused me because it said executing an algorithm which I thought there was one algorithm; however, seeing your answer it makes much sense!!!
Thank you!!