vbc compilation fails when using Hashtable

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jonathan Wolfson, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. When I try to compile vb.net code using the command line interpreter,
    it does not recognize Hashtables. Any resolution to this?

    vbc Utilities.vb
    /t:library
    /imports:Microsoft.VisualBasic
    /r:System.dll,System.web.dll,System.xml.dll
    /Utilities.dll

    error BC30002: Type 'Hashtable' is not defined.

    Private ht As Hashtable = New Hashtable()

    Even though vb.net aspx file Imports the following namespaces:

    Imports System
    Imports System.Web
    Imports System.Xml
    Imports System.Net
    Imports System.Collections.Specialized

    Thanks,
    Jon

    Jonathan Wolfson, Jun 27, 2003

  2. Jonathan Wolfson

    Tu-Thach Guest

    Hashtable is in namespace System.Collections
    not System.Collections.Specialized.

    Tu-Thach

    Tu-Thach, Jun 27, 2003