VBScript Execute function in ASP.NET

shripaldalal

Hi,

We have to quickly port our legacy ASP code to ASP.NET and we know
both of these technologies are totally different. But we still have to
extensively make use of the Execute function because lot of business
logic is punched in by the client himself. I have recently come to
know it's not possible in C# or VB.NET since they are compiled
languages.

Though this is possible in JScript .NET using the eval function, they
say JScript .NET is not even supported in VS 2008..... Is JScript .NET
headed the Classic ASP way ? Is it going to die a slow death...will
support will be discontinued by Microsoft ? There are no examples for
JScript.NET code. If yes, I would prefer C# using JScript assembly to
script a few lines of code using eval...but does this slow things
down ??? I cannot afford to lose speed......

If no, then it solves all my problems and this is exactly what I
want....I can use JScript.NET

BTW can JScript.NET using the eval function in ASPX pages be compiled
by ASPNET_Compiler.EXE ? for source code protection reasons.....

Thanks.

Shripal D.