vc++ error while compiling pro*c precompiled code

Discussion in 'C++' started by geek04, Feb 28, 2004.

  1. geek04

    geek04 Guest

    i'm using pro*c to precompile my c++ code which accesses oracle 9i
    database, i'm running a oracle 9i client on my system

    on compiling the c++ file (generated by pro*c)i'm getting following
    errors:

    E:\CODE\VariableRating.cpp(712) : error C2146: syntax error : missing
    ';' before identifier 'SQL'
    E:\CODE\VariableRating.cpp(712) : error C2501: 'EXEC' : missing
    storage-class or type specifiers
    E:\CODE\VariableRating.cpp(712) : fatal error C1004: unexpected end of
    file found

    all these errors point on the first line containing the 'EXEC'
    statement (any 'EXEC' statement 'INCLUDE' or 'BEGIN DECLARE SECTION')
    in the file

    plz help

    thanx in advance

    harsh
    geek04, Feb 28, 2004

  2. "geek04" <> wrote in message
    > i'm using pro*c to precompile my c++ code which accesses oracle 9i
    > database, i'm running a oracle 9i client on my system
    >
    > on compiling the c++ file (generated by pro*c)i'm getting following
    > errors:
    >
    > E:\CODE\VariableRating.cpp(712) : error C2146: syntax error : missing
    > ';' before identifier 'SQL'
    > E:\CODE\VariableRating.cpp(712) : error C2501: 'EXEC' : missing
    > storage-class or type specifiers
    > E:\CODE\VariableRating.cpp(712) : fatal error C1004: unexpected end of
    > file found
    >
    > all these errors point on the first line containing the 'EXEC'
    > statement (any 'EXEC' statement 'INCLUDE' or 'BEGIN DECLARE SECTION')
    > in the file
    >
    > plz help

    I'd love to help but without seeing a single line of code its very hard.

    Since you have at least 712 lines of code I suggest you do some work
    reducing the size of the code and then post the reduced code here, quote the
    error messages and highlight which lines they apply to.

    john
    John Harrison, Feb 28, 2004