vc++ error while compiling pro*c precompiled code

geek04

i'm using pro*c to precompile my c++ code which accesses oracle 9i
database, i'm running a oracle 9i client on my system

on compiling the c++ file (generated by pro*c)i'm getting following
errors:

E:\CODE\VariableRating.cpp(712) : error C2146: syntax error : missing
';' before identifier 'SQL'
E:\CODE\VariableRating.cpp(712) : error C2501: 'EXEC' : missing
storage-class or type specifiers
E:\CODE\VariableRating.cpp(712) : fatal error C1004: unexpected end of
file found

all these errors point on the first line containing the 'EXEC'
statement (any 'EXEC' statement 'INCLUDE' or 'BEGIN DECLARE SECTION')
in the file

plz help

thanx in advance

harsh

John Harrison

geek04 said:
i'm using pro*c to precompile my c++ code which accesses oracle 9i
database, i'm running a oracle 9i client on my system

on compiling the c++ file (generated by pro*c)i'm getting following
errors:

E:\CODE\VariableRating.cpp(712) : error C2146: syntax error : missing
';' before identifier 'SQL'
E:\CODE\VariableRating.cpp(712) : error C2501: 'EXEC' : missing
storage-class or type specifiers
E:\CODE\VariableRating.cpp(712) : fatal error C1004: unexpected end of
file found

all these errors point on the first line containing the 'EXEC'
statement (any 'EXEC' statement 'INCLUDE' or 'BEGIN DECLARE SECTION')
in the file

plz help

I'd love to help but without seeing a single line of code its very hard.

Since you have at least 712 lines of code I suggest you do some work
reducing the size of the code and then post the reduced code here, quote the
error messages and highlight which lines they apply to.

john