    etc.. because I don't have a clue and am very frustrated!!

    Thanks

    , Mar 15, 2007

  2. On 15.03.2007 16:55, wrote:
    > I'm trying to create a dynamic webpage that will simply allow a user
    > to enter their name, and the system will say back "hello $name". Can
    > anyone please help me with the most basic of instructions on how to
    > create the velocity templates, servlets and how to use/implement them
    > etc.. because I don't have a clue and am very frustrated!!

    If you just want to create this single page a single JSP will do.

    Kind regards

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Mar 15, 2007

  3. Oliver Wong Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to create a dynamic webpage that will simply allow a user
    > to enter their name, and the system will say back "hello $name". Can
    > anyone please help me with the most basic of instructions on how to
    > create the velocity templates, servlets and how to use/implement them
    > etc.. because I don't have a clue and am very frustrated!!

    From what I understand, Velocity is a template engine, and thus mainly
    for manipulating output, and not gathering input (such as the user's
    name). As a first step, are you able to do the above exercise using only
    Servlets, without Velocity?

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, Mar 15, 2007
  4. Mark Space Guest

    wrote:
    > I'm trying to create a dynamic webpage that will simply allow a user
    > to enter their name, and the system will say back "hello $name". Can
    > anyone please help me with the most basic of instructions on how to
    > create the velocity templates, servlets and how to use/implement them
    > etc.. because I don't have a clue and am very frustrated!!
    >
    > Thanks

    Serious question: I've done servlets, but not Velocity. What is it?
    Got a url?

    Mark Space, Mar 15, 2007
  5. Oliver Wong Guest

    Oliver Wong, Mar 15, 2007