Velocity ... Servlets ... I'm stumped

aca04pds

I'm trying to create a dynamic webpage that will simply allow a user
to enter their name, and the system will say back "hello $name". Can
anyone please help me with the most basic of instructions on how to
create the velocity templates, servlets and how to use/implement them
etc.. because I don't have a clue and am very frustrated!!

Thanks

Robert Klemme

I'm trying to create a dynamic webpage that will simply allow a user
to enter their name, and the system will say back "hello $name". Can
anyone please help me with the most basic of instructions on how to
create the velocity templates, servlets and how to use/implement them
etc.. because I don't have a clue and am very frustrated!!

If you just want to create this single page a single JSP will do.

Kind regards

robert

Oliver Wong

I'm trying to create a dynamic webpage that will simply allow a user
to enter their name, and the system will say back "hello $name". Can
anyone please help me with the most basic of instructions on how to
create the velocity templates, servlets and how to use/implement them
etc.. because I don't have a clue and am very frustrated!!

From what I understand, Velocity is a template engine, and thus mainly
for manipulating output, and not gathering input (such as the user's
name). As a first step, are you able to do the above exercise using only
Servlets, without Velocity?

- Oliver

Mark Space

I'm trying to create a dynamic webpage that will simply allow a user
to enter their name, and the system will say back "hello $name". Can
anyone please help me with the most basic of instructions on how to
create the velocity templates, servlets and how to use/implement them
etc.. because I don't have a clue and am very frustrated!!

Thanks

Serious question: I've done servlets, but not Velocity. What is it?
Got a url?