version 1.4 of scalar class released

Discussion in 'Python' started by uymqlp502@sneakemail.com, Oct 17, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Version 1.4 of my scalar class is available at

    http://RussP.us/scalar.htm

    No major changes. I have corrected the "repr" function to make it more
    useful, and I have added a "unit_type" function that returns the type
    of a unit (e.g., time, length, force). The unit_type function is
    intended mainly for interactive, "calculator-style" use.

    If you do scientific or engineering calculations or programming,
    please check out my scalar class. I think you'll like it.

    It will relieve you of the burden of keeping track of units ("darn, I
    can't remember if that angle is in radians or degrees?"). And the
    really nifty thing about it is that, when you want high execution
    speed for production runs, you can easily switch off the units with a
    simple change of the import line. All the unit objects will then be
    replaced with bulit-in types (typically floats), and your output will
    be unchanged, but you will notice a dramatic speedup.

    A complete user guide is available in both pdf and html formats. Give
    it a try and let me know what you think!

    --Russ P.

    , Oct 17, 2007