  1. Darren Clark

    Darren Clark Guest

    Can anyone recommend any version control software that works well with visual studio and asp.net development?
    Darren Clark, May 27, 2004

  2. Visual Source Safe integrates very well with Visual Studio.

    Donald E. Hurley Jr., May 28, 2004

  3. Visual SourceSafe is the standard. It works well for small to medium sized groups of developers.

    SourceOffSite is a useful 3rd party tool that allows SourceSafe to be extended to remote developers over the internet.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], May 28, 2004
  4. Darren Clark

    Darren Clark Guest

    So i can then run my site on the dev box...

    with source safe install on the same machine..

    THEN i can configure the application pools so that when i debug my app on IIS it only takes over that process not every other site on there?

    Darren Clark, May 28, 2004
  5. Who cares what sites it interferes with if it's all just a local copies? It won't interfere with anybody else.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], May 28, 2004
  6. Darren Clark

    Darren Clark Guest

    Source safe isnt on vs.net 2003 CD???

    where is it then ? seperate product?

    Darren Clark, May 28, 2004
  7. Darren Clark

    Carlton858 Guest

    > Can anyone recommend any version control software that works well with
    > visual studio and asp.net development?

    WinCVS works very well as a version control software with VS.Net and
    ASP.net developemnt.

    Is it COMPLETELY integrated with VS.Net? No, but the power and peace
    of mind you get from CVS far outweighs COMPLETE integration with the
    IDE.

    Carlton
    Carlton858, May 28, 2004
  8. Darren Clark

    Eric Cherng Guest

    SourceSafe is only a part of VS.NET Enterprise editions.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/howtobuy/choosing.aspx

    Eric

    Eric Cherng, May 29, 2004