    Pretty simple, except that I would like to make it to the full page. In
    other words, if it were a regular HTML hyperlink, the code would be

    Is there a way to specify targets in ASP redirects?

    middletree, Oct 28, 2005

  2. middletree

    middletree Guest

    I should add that I did research this in several ways, and couldn't find an
    answer.

    More precisely, I went to aspfaq.com and found
    http://aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2052

    because of that page, I wrote this code:

    'response.Redirect("InLineFullTicketInfo.asp?TicketID="&strTicketID)

    url = "DisplayFullTicketInfo.asp?TicketID="&strTicketID response.write("")

    The part that is commented out is the old way, which, when called from a
    page inside the IFrame, called my other page inside the same IFrame.
    However, for reasons way too long to go into, I would like it so instead go
    to the page you see in the uncommented line, but to target it to the parent.
    When I tried the above code, it simply didn't redirect. No error msg was
    given.

    middletree, Oct 28, 2005

  3. middletree

    middletree Guest

    For some reason, pasting my code didn't work out right in that last post.
    Here's what I meant.

    url = "DisplayFullTicketInfo.asp?TicketID="&strTicketID response.write(" ")
    response.write("<script>" & vbCrLf)
    response.write("parent.framename.location.replace('" & url & "');")
    response.write(vbCrLf & "</script>")

    middletree, Oct 28, 2005
  4. middletree

    Evertjan. Guest

    middletree wrote on 28 okt 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > In using a page with IFrame, I woudl like to write a line like this:
    >
    > If (certain criteria met) then
    > response.redirect(somepage.asp)
    > end if
    >
    > Pretty simple, except that I would like to make it to the full page. In
    > other words, if it were a regular HTML hyperlink, the code would be
    >
    > Is there a way to specify targets in ASP redirects?

    ASP does not know and is not interesed in frames.
    It will just sent it's rendered html-stream to wherever it is directed.
    ASP redirection does not refresh a page, but asks the browser to ask for
    another page.

    Your question should be answered by clientside code,
    such as a frame-jump-out javascript.

    OT clientside script, but anyway:

    <script type="text/javascript">
    if (window!= window.top) top.location.href = location.href;
    </script>

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Oct 28, 2005
  5. http://www.powerasp.com/content/hintstips/asp-frames.asp

    Kyle Peterson, Dec 4, 2005
  6. I'm wondering if you are aware that you are responding to some pretty dead
    threads. You may find that the OP's aren't watching them anymore, and that
    you might find it more fruitful to concentrate on more recent threads.

    But far be it from me to try to tell you how to spend your time ... :)

    Kyle Peterson wrote:
    > http://www.powerasp.com/content/hintstips/asp-frames.asp
    >

    > "middletree" <> wrote in message
    >> In using a page with IFrame, I woudl like to write a line like this:
    >>
    >> If (certain criteria met) then
    >> response.redirect(somepage.asp)
    >> end if
    >>
    >> Pretty simple, except that I would like to make it to the full page.
    >> In other words, if it were a regular HTML hyperlink, the code would
    >> be <a href=somepage.asp? target="_parent">
    >>
    >> Is there a way to specify targets in ASP redirects?

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Dec 4, 2005
  7. On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 14:02:01 -0500, "Bob Barrows [MVP]"
    <> wrote:
    in <O64NwUQ#>

    >I'm wondering if you are aware that you are responding to some pretty dead
    >threads. You may find that the OP's aren't watching them anymore, and that
    >you might find it more fruitful to concentrate on more recent threads.
    >
    >But far be it from me to try to tell you how to spend your time ... :)

    Google ~powerasp~ in this group and perhaps the pattern will be revealed. I
    believe this was the URL in the series of SPAMS to this group last month but I
    can't find a single one of them in my reader or on the server...

    ---
    Stefan Berglund

    Stefan Berglund, Dec 4, 2005
  8. Stefan Berglund wrote:
    > On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 14:02:01 -0500, "Bob Barrows [MVP]"
    > <> wrote:
    > in <O64NwUQ#>
    >
    >> I'm wondering if you are aware that you are responding to some
    >> pretty dead threads. You may find that the OP's aren't watching them
    >> anymore, and that you might find it more fruitful to concentrate on
    >> more recent threads.
    >>
    >> But far be it from me to try to tell you how to spend your time ...
    >> :)

    > Google ~powerasp~ in this group and perhaps the pattern will be
    > revealed. I believe this was the URL in the series of SPAMS to this
    > group last month but I can't find a single one of them in my reader
    > or on the server...

    That was my first thought as well, but I thought I had seen Kyle around
    before. Unless someone is masquerading as him ...

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Dec 4, 2005
  9. I am the real Kyle.
    Didn't realize the thread was so old.

    Larry Randolf, Dec 6, 2005
  10. Course it probably doesn't help the confusion any when I keep forgetting I
    am on larrys computer.
    My laptop has been acting up.

    Larry Randolf, Dec 6, 2005