VFW.h link error

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Helen, Nov 18, 2003.

  1. Helen

    Helen Guest

    Hi I am trying to compile a package of avi to mpeg1 C source codes
    But I got the link error
    I searched actually my VFW.h and Vfw32.lib are all in the directory
    what should I do
    thanks a lot
    Linking...
    Avi2mpg1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIFileExit@0
    Avi2mpg1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIFileRelease@4
    Avi2mpg1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIStreamGetFrameC
    lose@4
    Avi2mpg1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIStreamReadForma
    t@16
    Avi2mpg1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIStreamInfoA@12
    Avi2mpg1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIStreamGetFrame@
    8
    Readpic.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIStreamGetFrame@8

    Avi2mpg1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIStreamGetFrameO
    pen@8
    Avi2mpg1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIFileGetStream@1
    6
    Avi2mpg1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIFileInfoA@12
    Avi2mpg1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIFileOpenA@16
    Avi2mpg1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIFileInit@0
    Encode.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIStreamRead@28
    LIBCD.lib(wincrt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@
    16
    Debug/AviMp1.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 13 unresolved externals
    Error executing link.exe.
    AviMp1.exe - 15 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    Helen, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Helen wrote:

    > Hi I am trying to compile a package of avi to mpeg1 C source codes
    > But I got the link error

    This is really an implementation question rather than a language question.
    Please direct future implementation questions to newsgroups devoted to your
    implementation.

    > I searched actually my VFW.h and Vfw32.lib are all in the directory
    > what should I do
    > thanks a lot
    > Linking...
    > Avi2mpg1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIFileExit@0

    Did you tell your implementation to link Vfw32.lib? Having it in the same
    directory is not sufficient.

    <snip>

    > LIBCD.lib(wincrt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
    > _WinMain@ 16

    Tell your implementation that you want a console application, not a GUI
    program.

    --
    Richard Heathfield :
    Richard Heathfield, Nov 18, 2003

  3. Helen

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 18:22:16 -0600, "Helen" <> wrote
    in comp.lang.c:

    > Hi I am trying to compile a package of avi to mpeg1 C source codes
    > But I got the link error
    > I searched actually my VFW.h and Vfw32.lib are all in the directory
    > what should I do
    > thanks a lot

    Around here, members of the VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars) would
    probably be very unhappy with anyone who tried to link them to mpeg1
    source code.

    Considering what it was they did that qualified them to join the VFW,
    even if it was some time ago for many of them, I personally wouldn't
    want to try to link them against their wishes.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com
    Jack Klein, Nov 18, 2003