vhdl compiling error message

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Amit, May 4, 2007.

  1. Amit

    Amit Guest

    Hello group,

    In the first part of a code I see:

    use work.analogpacktemp.all

    and when I run the compilation command (vcom) I get the following
    error:

    # ** Error: (vcom-11) Could not find ./work.analogpacktemp.

    In the project files I have a file called analogpacktemp.vhd which
    containts:

    package analogpacktemp is
    subtype voltage is real;
    subtype current is real;
    end analogpacktemp;

    What am I missing here? your help will be appreciated greatly.

    Regards,
    amit

    Amit, May 4, 2007

  2. Amit

    martin.wahlstedt

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2007
    Messages:
    14
    Do you compile the package into work before you compile your design? That might be the problem.

    martin.wahlstedt, May 4, 2007

  3. Amit wrote:

    > Hello group,
    >
    > In the first part of a code I see:
    >
    > use work.analogpacktemp.all
    >
    > and when I run the compilation command (vcom) I get the following
    > error:
    >

    > # ** Error: (vcom-11) Could not find ./work.analogpacktemp.
    >
    > In the project files I have a file called analogpacktemp.vhd which
    > containts:
    >
    > package analogpacktemp is
    > subtype voltage is real;
    > subtype current is real;
    > end analogpacktemp;
    >
    > What am I missing here? your help will be appreciated greatly.

    You're missing: vcom analogpacktemp.vhd

    Design units made visible by a use clause must have been compiled before the
    design unit that contains that use clause.

    --
    Paul Uiterlinden
    www.aimvalley.nl

    Paul Uiterlinden, May 4, 2007
  4. Amit

    Amit Guest

    On May 4, 8:06 am, Paul Uiterlinden <> wrote:
    > Amit wrote:
    > > Hello group,

    > > In the first part of a code I see:

    > > use work.analogpacktemp.all

    > > and when I run the compilation command (vcom) I get the following
    > > error:

    > > # ** Error: (vcom-11) Could not find ./work.analogpacktemp.

    > > In the project files I have a file called analogpacktemp.vhd which
    > > containts:

    > > package analogpacktemp is
    > > subtype voltage is real;
    > > subtype current is real;
    > > end analogpacktemp;

    > > What am I missing here? your help will be appreciated greatly.

    > You're missing: vcom analogpacktemp.vhd
    >
    > Design units made visible by a use clause must have been compiled before the
    > design unit that contains that use clause.
    >
    > --
    > Paul Uiterlindenwww.aimvalley.nl
    > e-mail addres: remove the not.

    Thanks, right I was using a wrong syntax in do file.

    Regards,
    Amit

    Amit, May 6, 2007