    Obviously I can see meta tags, and Opera will tell me the content-type and
    encoding even if set through headers. But I'd think more detail could be
    gotten somehow.
    Neal, Oct 28, 2004

  2. Neal

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Neal said:

    > Is it possible to view the server's HTTP headers for a page using a
    > typical browser? And if so, how?

    i use a proxy http://www.proxomitron.info/ so i can check out (and
    filter) what everything i have using http is doing. i think moz has the
    ability to check out the request/response headers built in or theres a
    plugin available. i wasn't paying attention when someone was talking
    about it in another group.

    --

    v o i c e s o f t h e l i t t l e
    brucie, Oct 28, 2004

  3. *Neal* wrote:
    > Is it possible to view the server's HTTP headers for a page using a
    > typical browser? And if so, how?
    >
    > Obviously I can see meta tags, and Opera will tell me the content-type and
    > encoding even if set through headers. But I'd think more detail could be
    > gotten somehow.

    I'm using a bit of a home-brew affair - Windows only and probably
    requires you to have MSXML4 installed - but nevertheless:
    http://andrewu.co.uk/tools/headercheck/headerCheck.zip [7KB]

    Looks like: http://www.andrewu.co.uk/tools/headercheck/HeaderCheck.png

    As a general note:
    Treat HTA files with the same caution as you'd treat an EXE. Hence only
    run a HTA file if, and only if, you trust the author and the source.
    --
    Andrew Urquhart
    - FAQ: http://www.html-faq.com/
    Andrew Urquhart, Oct 28, 2004
  4. Neal

    Toby Inkster Guest

    brucie wrote:

    > i think moz has the ability to check out the request/response headers
    > built in or theres a plugin available.

    Plugin -- called, IIRC, "Live HTTP Headers".

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Oct 28, 2004
  5. Davmagic .Com, Oct 28, 2004
  6. Neal

    kchayka Guest

    Neal wrote:
    > Is it possible to view the server's HTTP headers for a page using a
    > typical browser? And if so, how?

    For Firefox and mozilla:
    <URL:http://livehttpheaders.mozdev.org/>

    Or even:
    <URL:http://www.rexswain.com/httpview.html>

    kchayka, Oct 28, 2004
  7. Neal

    Dave Patton Guest

    Neal <> wrote in

    > Is it possible to view the server's HTTP headers for a page using a
    > typical browser? And if so, how?

    I've used the LiveHTTPHeaders extension in both Mozilla
    and now FireFox, and it works great:
    http://livehttpheaders.mozdev.org/

    Now, the questions remaining are:
    - are those "typical" browsers?
    - will you be upset to see the headers
    sent by both the client and the server?

    ;-)

    --
    Dave Patton
    http://www.confluence.org/
    Dave Patton, Oct 28, 2004
  8. On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:55:56 -0400, Neal wrote:

    > Is it possible to view the server's HTTP headers for a page using a
    > typical browser? And if so, how?
    >
    > Obviously I can see meta tags, and Opera will tell me the content-type and
    > encoding even if set through headers. But I'd think more detail could be
    > gotten somehow.

    Wget

    --
    Jeffrey Silverman

    ** Drop "PANTS" to reply by email
    Jeffrey Silverman, Oct 29, 2004
  9. Neal

    Neal Guest

    On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:01:12 -0500, kchayka <> wrote:

    > Neal wrote:
    >> Is it possible to view the server's HTTP headers for a page using a
    >> typical browser? And if so, how?

    > For Firefox and mozilla:
    > <URL:http://livehttpheaders.mozdev.org/>

    That is great. Thanks. Works like a charm too.
    Neal, Oct 29, 2004