    Thanks.

    [note to topicality zealots: meta-discussions about the newsgroup are
    always topical]
    Long Time Lurker, Dec 17, 2010

  2. In article <ieg8nt$mdh$>,
    Long Time Lurker <> wrote:
    >Hello
    >
    >Like I guess most people I had always assumed, based on his
    >fundamentalist/fascist views on C in this group, that Keith Thomson was
    >an extreme rightwinger, Tea Party style.
    >
    >But then I saw a picture where he's got a wacky beard like some ageing
    >60s hippie who's zoned out on marijuana all day.
    >
    >So now I'm not so sure.
    >
    >My question is: what really are the politics of Mr Thomson.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >[note to topicality zealots: meta-discussions about the newsgroup are
    >always topical]

    Where's the picture? (URL, please)

    (This, I gotta see...)

    --
    (This discussion group is about C, ...)

    Wrong. It is only OCCASIONALLY a discussion group
    about C; mostly, like most "discussion" groups, it is
    off-topic Rorsharch [sic] revelations of the childhood
    traumas of the participants...
    Kenny McCormack, Dec 17, 2010

  3. Long Time Lurker

    Seebs Guest

    On 2010-12-17, Long Time Lurker <> wrote:
    > My question is: what really are the politics of Mr Thomson.

    > [note to topicality zealots: meta-discussions about the newsgroup are
    > always topical]

    Yes, but this is not a discussion about the newsgroup, this is the
    same "nospam@" from aioe.org spamming the newsgroup with off-topic harassment
    of various posters.

    You have, however, finally convinced me that whatever theoretical
    value aioe.org may have in the form of a hypothesized legitimate user,
    it's far outweighed by the constant flood of trolling. I dunno what
    your objection is to discussion of C, but really, you gotta try harder
    if you want to prevent people from talking about it.

    -s
    Seebs, Dec 17, 2010
  4. Long Time Lurker

    Chris H Guest

    In message <ieg8nt$mdh$>, Long Time Lurker
    <> writes

    >My question is: what really are the politics of Mr Thomson.

    The politics, religion, sexual, music, food and style preferences of
    Keith are completely irrelevant to C.l.c

    Chris H, Dec 18, 2010
  5. Kenny McCormack writes:
    > Where's the picture? (URL, please)
    >
    > (This, I gotta see...)

    Hi Kenny,

    Here's the picture,
    http://users.sdsc.edu/~kst/keith_and_sara.gif

    You've studied Keith more than most - what do you think his politics are?
    Long Time Lurker, Dec 18, 2010
  6. Chris H writes:
    > In message <ieg8nt$mdh$>, Long Time Lurker
    > <> writes
    >>
    >>My question is: what really are the politics of Mr Thomson.

    > The politics, religion, sexual, music, food and style preferences of
    > Keith are completely irrelevant to C.l.c

    Wrong. Keith is the self-appointed leader of clc. His views will be a
    major factor, probably the most important factor, in determining the
    future direction of the group. For this reason, they are highly relevant.
    Long Time Lurker, Dec 18, 2010
  7. Long Time Lurker

    Ian Collins Guest

    On 12/19/10 08:32 AM, Long Time Lurker wrote:
    > Chris H writes:
    >> In message<ieg8nt$mdh$>, Long Time Lurker
    >> <> writes
    >>>
    >>> My question is: what really are the politics of Mr Thomson.

    >> The politics, religion, sexual, music, food and style preferences of
    >> Keith are completely irrelevant to C.l.c

    > Wrong. Keith is the self-appointed leader of clc. His views will be a
    > major factor, probably the most important factor, in determining the
    > future direction of the group. For this reason, they are highly relevant.

    Utter bollocks. If you really are a "Long Time Lurker" you will know
    there isn't a leader of clc.

    --
    Ian Collins
    Ian Collins, Dec 18, 2010
  8. Long Time Lurker

    Seebs Guest

    On 2010-12-18, Ian Collins <> wrote:
    > On 12/19/10 08:32 AM, Long Time Lurker wrote:
    >> Wrong. Keith is the self-appointed leader of clc. His views will be a
    >> major factor, probably the most important factor, in determining the
    >> future direction of the group. For this reason, they are highly relevant.

    > Utter bollocks. If you really are a "Long Time Lurker" you will know
    > there isn't a leader of clc.

    I'm guessing this is Kenny. We don't have many people this stupid, and
    they sort of stand out. He's the only person here I've seen proudly
    proclaim that he does not believe that there exists any value or purpose
    in life outside of perceived social status, and without such a belief,
    no one would care about this.

    I dunno who pissed in his cheerios, but they'd been eating asparagus.

    -s
    Seebs, Dec 18, 2010
  9. Long Time Lurker <> wrote:
    > Hello

    <utter garbage snipped>

    Well, there's no room left for speculation on what _you_ are.

    *PLONK*
    --
    \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___
    Jens Thoms Toerring, Dec 18, 2010
  10. On Dec 18, 9:32 pm, Long Time Lurker <> wrote:

    > Wrong. Keith is the self-appointed leader of clc. His views will be a
    > major factor, probably the most important factor, in determining the
    > future direction of the group. For this reason, they are highly relevant.

    It's not a political newsgroup.
    Some people do think that everything is politics in disguise. They're
    wrong. Whilst there might be mild political subtexts, eg in anti-
    Microsoft jokes, mostly the newsgroup is technical.
    Malcolm McLean, Dec 19, 2010
  11. In article <iej227$3bv$>,
    Long Time Lurker <> wrote:
    >Kenny McCormack writes:
    >> Where's the picture? (URL, please)
    >>
    >> (This, I gotta see...)

    >Hi Kenny,
    >
    >Here's the picture,
    >http://users.sdsc.edu/~kst/keith_and_sara.gif

    Yes - about what I expected based on your earlier comments.

    >You've studied Keith more than most - what do you think his politics are?

    To be honest, I don't really care that much about his politics. In
    keeping with his Android (see: Mike Reed's flame warriors) persona,
    Kiki himself has studiously avoided saying anything political or
    religious. But the way he runs this newsgroup has certainly been a
    magnet for people on the political/religious dark side. It thus comes
    as no surprise to find out that most of the other regs are
    political/religious nut cases.

    --
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Kenny McCormack, Dec 19, 2010
  12. Long Time Lurker

    Chris H Guest

    In message <iej227$3bv$>, Long Time Lurker
    <> writes
    >Kenny McCormack writes:
    >> Where's the picture? (URL, please)
    >>
    >> (This, I gotta see...)

    >Hi Kenny,
    >
    >Here's the picture,
    >http://users.sdsc.edu/~kst/keith_and_sara.gif
    >
    >You've studied Keith more than most - what do you think his politics are?

    His politics are irrelevant.

    Chris H, Dec 19, 2010
  13. Long Time Lurker

    Chris H Guest

    In message <iej27j$3bv$>, Long Time Lurker
    <> writes
    >Chris H writes:
    >> In message <ieg8nt$mdh$>, Long Time Lurker
    >> <> writes
    >>>
    >>>My question is: what really are the politics of Mr Thomson.

    >> The politics, religion, sexual, music, food and style preferences of
    >> Keith are completely irrelevant to C.l.c

    >Wrong. Keith is the self-appointed leader of clc.

    No he isn't

    > His views will be a
    >major factor, probably the most important factor, in determining the
    >future direction of the group.

    No more than many others.

    >For this reason, they are highly relevant.

    His politics are completely irrelevant in a technical MG

    Chris H, Dec 19, 2010
  14. Long Time Lurker

    Chris H Guest

    In message <
    s.com>, Malcolm McLean <> writes
    >On Dec 18, 9:32 pm, Long Time Lurker <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Wrong. Keith is the self-appointed leader of clc. His views will be a
    >> major factor, probably the most important factor, in determining the
    >> future direction of the group. For this reason, they are highly relevant.
    >>

    >It's not a political newsgroup.
    >Some people do think that everything is politics in disguise. They're
    >wrong. Whilst there might be mild political subtexts, eg in anti-
    >Microsoft jokes, mostly the newsgroup is technical.

    I do have a poster (a well known pastiche on the US cold war anti
    communist posters) saying that "Programming Open Source is helping
    Communism"

    http://www.phaedsys.com/pub/open_source_communism.jpg

    but other than that I have not seen any other mainstream politics in
    this NG for as long as I can remember (about 20 years)

    Whilst there are "political" discussions of MS, Apple, Linux and Open
    source there has been nothing in this international that I can remember
    re Local, National or international politics. Mainly because it is
    completely irrelevant. In fact most of the time one has little idea
    which country many of the posters are in.

    Chris H, Dec 19, 2010
  15. In article <>,
    Chris H <> wrote:
    >In message <iej227$3bv$>, Long Time Lurker
    ><> writes
    >>Kenny McCormack writes:
    >>> Where's the picture? (URL, please)
    >>>
    >>> (This, I gotta see...)

    >>Hi Kenny,
    >>
    >>Here's the picture,
    >>http://users.sdsc.edu/~kst/keith_and_sara.gif
    >>
    >>You've studied Keith more than most - what do you think his politics are?

    >His politics are irrelevant.

    Assuming that by "irrelevant", you mean "off topic" (aka,
    "inappropriate"), then I must agree with you.

    See my recent post which demonstrates conclusively that every single
    post in this newsgroups is off-topic. Thank you.

    --
    "We should always be disposed to believe that which appears to us to be
    white is really black, if the hierarchy of the church so decides."

    - Saint Ignatius Loyola (1491-1556) Founder of the Jesuit Order -
    Kenny McCormack, Dec 19, 2010
  16. In article <>,
    Chris H <> wrote:
    >In message <iej27j$3bv$>, Long Time Lurker
    ><> writes
    >>Chris H writes:
    >>> In message <ieg8nt$mdh$>, Long Time Lurker
    >>> <> writes

    >>> The politics, religion, sexual, music, food and style preferences of
    >>> Keith are completely irrelevant to C.l.c

    >>Wrong. Keith is the self-appointed leader of clc.

    >No he isn't

    Yes, he is.

    (Isn't contradiction fun?)

    Kenny McCormack, Dec 19, 2010
  17. Long Time Lurker <> writes:
    [crap]

    I would personally appreciate it if everyone would stop posting on
    this thread. Trolls will troll; please ignore them.

    Nokia
    Keith Thompson, Dec 19, 2010
  18. On Dec 19, 3:12 pm, Chris H <> wrote:

    > I do have a poster (a well known pastiche on the US cold war anti
    > communist posters) saying that "Programming Open Source  is helping
    > Communism"

    It's certainly doing very serious damage to Microsoft. But a
    libertarian would argue that if people want to give away work for free
    they ought to be able to do so, and a conventional (non-Marxist)
    economist would point out that there can be many benefits to the
    programmer from working for free.

    Personally I always give away my source without any restriction,
    because having worked for small games companies I'm sensitive to the
    needs of private sector programmers for free stuff, to avoid wasteful
    duplication of effort.
    Malcolm McLean, Dec 19, 2010
  19. Long Time Lurker

    John Bode Guest

    On Dec 19, 10:12 am, Richard <> wrote:
    > Chris H <> writes:
    > > In message <iej27j$>, Long Time Lurker
    > > <> writes

    > >>Wrong. Keith is the self-appointed leader of clc.

    > > No he isn't

    > Yes he is.

    Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ on a giraffe.

    You and Kenny take your goddamned personal issues with Keith (and
    Heathfield, and whoever goddamned else) to email and leave the rest of
    us out of it. Keith sure as shit isn't *my* leader or anyone else's
    on this newsgroup, any more than I'm anyone's leader. I don't give a
    crap about his politics, or his fashion sense, or much of anything
    else that has dick-all to do with C programming.

    I swear to God you two are the most childish, immature assholes I've
    ever dealt with either online or IRL. Nudds and Nilges have the
    excuse of being legitimately nuts, but you two are just fucking
    annoying. I pity your coworkers; you must be *joys* to interact
    with.
    John Bode, Dec 19, 2010
  20. Long Time Lurker

    Chris H Guest

    In message <
    s.com>, Malcolm McLean <> writes
    >On Dec 19, 3:12 pm, Chris H <> wrote:
    >>
    >> I do have a poster (a well known pastiche on the US cold war anti
    >> communist posters) saying that "Programming Open Source  is helping
    >> Communism"
    >>

    >It's certainly doing very serious damage to Microsoft.

    I can't see how. It is a joke and no one takes it seriously except some
    Open source Religious nutters and no one takes them seriously.

    Chris H, Dec 20, 2010