ViewState Data Repeater

Craig

Hi

I am binding to a Repeater web control with an array. The data is displayed
in a LinkButton so that I can access the 'clicked' item through the
repeaters ItemCommand event.

Even though I have set the ViewState = true in the control designer, it
doesn't appear to be worling, I was expecting to get access to my class
(that was binded to the repeater DataSource) e.Item.ItemData instead I get
<undefined>.

If the page is not doing a post back why would the ItemCreated event fire
again?

Craig

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

e.Item.DataItem is not accessible in ItemCommand on postback. DataItem is
there only after DataBind is called (from that point on to the end of the
request). In another words, complete dataitem is not stored to ViewState as
it would make the data to be roundtripped way too massive.