viewstate errors

David Lozzi

Howdy,

I've already read all of the documentation I can bear to read about this
issue. No, not in a farm or do I have large files that aren't downloading in
time before the next post. However, my reason for posting this is that this
just started happening!!! I have a dedicated web server which has about 35
customer websites on it. About 10-15 of them are .Net applications, both 1.1
and 2.0. Over the past couple of days, i've had about 5 applications (all of
which have been running fine for as long as two years to last month) throw
errors that I know about it. They are all viewstate validation errors. I
fixed the 1.1 issue by updating the web.config ( <pages
enableViewStateMac="false" /> ) did similar for 2.0 ( <pages
maxPageStateFieldLength="10"> ).

WHY DID THIS HAPPEN?!?! Anyone else all of a sudden experiencing these
issues? Was there a Microsoft Update that was suppose to help? This is
beyond agravating...

Thanks,

David