viewstate errors

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by David Lozzi, Jun 12, 2007.

  1. David Lozzi

    David Lozzi Guest

    Howdy,

    I've already read all of the documentation I can bear to read about this
    issue. No, not in a farm or do I have large files that aren't downloading in
    time before the next post. However, my reason for posting this is that this
    just started happening!!! I have a dedicated web server which has about 35
    customer websites on it. About 10-15 of them are .Net applications, both 1.1
    and 2.0. Over the past couple of days, i've had about 5 applications (all of
    which have been running fine for as long as two years to last month) throw
    errors that I know about it. They are all viewstate validation errors. I
    fixed the 1.1 issue by updating the web.config ( <pages
    enableViewStateMac="false" /> ) did similar for 2.0 ( <pages
    maxPageStateFieldLength="10"> ).

    WHY DID THIS HAPPEN?!?! Anyone else all of a sudden experiencing these
    issues? Was there a Microsoft Update that was suppose to help? This is
    beyond agravating...

    Thanks,

    David

    David Lozzi, Jun 12, 2007