ViewState for Datalists

Guest

Hello All,

I have a question on datalists. I have 5 datalists on a page and when I try
to view the "ViewSource", the value for the __VIEWSTATE is empty. How do
datalists persist their values?

I am not binding the datalist each and every time. Strangely whenever I try
to access datalist elements from Datalist_ItemCommand it is maintaining it's
viewstate. How is this possible?

Thanks for your help.

Karl Seguin [MVP]

Perhaps the SavePageStateToPersistenceMedium and LoadPageState... are
overloaded somewhere and the viewstate is being stored somewhere else..

Karl

Guest

Yes Karl, you are absolutely right. We have been overriding those two
methods. Thanks for pointing me out!