    Jason

    ps: Does a similiar product exist for testing Operating systems: A virtual
    OS?
    Guest, Jan 14, 2005

    Lance Wynn Guest

    For the web browser, you might try http://www.netmechanic.com/ I used their
    product a little bit, and it did what it was supposed to.

    For a Virtual OS, you can look at http://www.vmware.com/ I used it several
    years ago for testing Linux, NT, 98, and 95, and it worked great.

    <> wrote in message
    I have heard there is something called a 'virtual browser' which allows me
    to check asp and html output on the complete range of browsers without
    having to download each browser and version (side by side)....I did a google
    search and see a variety of links but nothing conclusive.

    Is there a standard product experienced asp developers are using..can you
    point me towards it?

    What are the limitations and challenges in using this product?

    Many thanks

    Lance Wynn, Jan 15, 2005

    Guest Guest

    Unfortunately some of my users are picking up database errros related to
    their browsers while I am not, I thus need to duplicate the error but cannot
    without a e.g. virtual browser..."Curt_C [MVP]" <software_AT_darkfalz.com>
    wrote in message news:epDeFGm%...
    > There should be no need for the OS tester, in that ASP renders down to
    > client side html and such. The browsers should be the only detmining

    factor

    Guest, Jan 15, 2005

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed <> writing in

    > I have heard there is something called a 'virtual browser' which allows
    > me to check asp and html output on the complete range of browsers
    > without having to download each browser and version (side by side)....I
    > did a google search and see a variety of links but nothing conclusive.
    >
    > Is there a standard product experienced asp developers are using..can
    > you point me towards it?
    >
    > What are the limitations and challenges in using this product?
    >
    > Many thanks
    > Jason
    >
    > ps: Does a similiar product exist for testing Operating systems: A
    > virtual OS?

    For browsers, Opera can identify itself as several browsers, and has a text
    mode and other testing modes. I have a few browsers available, Mosaic,
    Netscape 2, Netscape 4, Netscape 6, Mozilla, Firefox, Opera, Amaya, IBM
    HomePage Reader, Lynx, and Internet Explorer, to name a few. I also have a
    neat little tool, MT Browser
    <http://www.minitutorials.serveftp.net/apps/mtbrowser/index.shtml> that
    will open as many browser side by side as you wish. I write for modern
    compliant browsers, like Opera, but I test with Opera, Firefox and IE, and
    a screen reader.

    One of the reasons I like having many browsers is the ability to debug
    cookies and other session variables.

    As far as OS, the only thing to really worry about is client side, and with
    that only session cookies, as those can be refused by the client's browser.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info
    Adrienne, Jan 17, 2005