    visibility:hidden vs display:none

    I guess I *feel* the difference (or maybe not) Could anyone put it in
    words for me?

    VK, Jul 19, 2005

  2. VK wrote:
    > visibility:hidden vs display:none
    >
    > I guess I *feel* the difference (or maybe not) Could anyone put it in
    > words for me?

    Quick answer:
    visibility: none; the element is still there, still the same size,
    still covering things and taking up space, you just can't see it.

    display: none; it's actually completely collapsed, taking up no space
    and not covering anything.

    Also, the way the attributes affect child elements differs. For more
    detail, I recommend: comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheet

    Christopher J. Hahn, Jul 19, 2005