    componets to create web parts. Can I use these componets to develop web
    parts for share point 2.0 and if so how do I get them, with the code behind,
    into sharepoint?
    Mike, Oct 27, 2006

  2. On 10/27/06 07:47, Mike wrote:
    > we are beginning to work with sharepoint. I have a book that documents how
    > to code server controls. I see in visual studio 2005 that there are
    > componets to create web parts. Can I use these componets to develop web
    > parts for share point 2.0 and if so how do I get them, with the code behind,
    > into sharepoint?

    Making a web part involves implementing a lot of interface methods. There
    is a pretty neat shortcut out there called the Smart Part which makes this
    all quite easy - and it includes a pretty nice tutorial:

    <http://weblogs.asp.net/jan/archive/2005/12/01/432020.aspx>

    I hope this is what you're looking for.
    Mark E. Hansen, Oct 27, 2006

  3. I don't believe that you can create Web Part controls from ASP.NET 2.0 for
    WSS 2.0. WSS 2 still has itself own Web Parts controls, while the ASP.NET
    2.0 Web Parts are more for WSS 3.0. As for the control itself, you create
    the control like any other custom control and then add the DLL/Namespace to
    your SharePoint site/application (assuming that you're using WSS 3).

    I'm not if this helps. If you can provide more information as to what
    you're trying to accomplish, maybe I (and others) can provide you with more
    information.
    --
    Christopher A. Reed

    Christopher Reed, Oct 29, 2006