visual inheritance: overriding OnError then display to master or c

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?aGZkZXY=?=, Sep 13, 2007.

  1. Hello,

    I have an ASP.NET website that I built in .NET 2.0. I created a partial
    class that inherits from the System.Web.UI.Page that I will call SpecialPage
    for purposes of this discussion.

    One reason that I did this is to add global error logging to my app. I
    overrode the OnError method and log errors using a logging framework. there
    are other reasons too, but I'll spare you ;-)

    My site is built using Master Pages and Content Pages. Most of the content
    pages in my site inherit from this SpecialPage.

    Is there a way to hook up events at the content page level or master page
    level that can receive error details and render them into a control (as in a
    label) that resides on the master page (or content page)?

    Thanks for your insight,

    Josh Blair
    HydraForce, Inc.
    =?Utf-8?B?aGZkZXY=?=, Sep 13, 2007