Visual Studio editor acting as if Ctrl or Shift keys are depressed

bryan

I just installed VS2005 Pro (along with Resharper) and I've noticed that the
editor is doing some really funky things. For example...

If I highlight a word and start typing, I would expect what I type to
replace the highlighted text. It does not, it just appends what I type to the
highlighted text.

If my cursor is all the way to the far left and I click 'backspace' I would
expect the cursor to go to the line above it (but at the end of the line). It
does not. It doesn't do anything.

If I click to place my cursor somewhere in code, and the click another
location in code, the text inbetween the two clicks are highlighted. I then
have to press 'Esc' to exit out of the highlighted text.

There are so many more examples I cannot list them all. I have uninstalled
and reinstalled, but so far nothing has helped. I've switched keyboards...
installed updates... nothing. Ideas?