    Thanks.

    Vickk

    , Jan 31, 2008

  2. VoiceXML "describes the human-machine interaction provided by voice
    response systems". It's a control file for those interactions, but does
    not actually carry any audio data within the XML file. (And it
    shouldn't; binary data is not something XML is particularly good at
    handling.)

    See http://www.w3.org/TR/voicexml20 for the spec. There are some
    tutorials at http://www.voicexml.org/tutorials/intro1.html; the very
    first intro slide has a block diagram which shows that the audio is
    processed alongside the control scripts rather than through them.

    VoiceXML can request that a full-duplex "bridge transfer" be
    established. But that's the only instance of "duplex" in the VoiceXML
    2.0 Recommendation.

    Joseph Kesselman, Feb 1, 2008

    Hi Joseph.
    Thank you for your answer.
    I knew that audio data is processed alongside the control script.
    If the VoiceXML can request a full-duplex "bridge transfer", I
    think I can manage to develop my "karaoke service". I suppose
    the audio data going through the "bridge" is already in a
    "understandable" format as .wav or .au . That's fine ! Then I
    only need to catch and store the incoming audio.
    Thank you !
    Vickk.

    , Feb 3, 2008