void datatype

Mark Bluemel

is there a facility for void datatypes in c programming?

What do your reference texts tell you about C data types?

What does the standard tell you about C data types?

What do you want a void data type to do?

James Kuyper

is there a facility for void datatypes in c programming?

C has a type whose name is void; it's "an incomplete type which cannot
be completed", which is very important and meaningful if you understand
what the C standard says about complete types, and sounds like gibberish
if you don't. I can describe the properties of that type; but if you're
not aware of that data type, I suspect that those properties are not the
same as what you are asking for.

What does "void datatype" mean to you?

santosh

is there a facility for void datatypes in c programming?

From section 6.2.5 (19) of n1256

The void type comprises an empty set of values; it is an incomplete type
that cannot be completed.

You use the keyword void in function declarations and definitions to
indicate that it does not take any parameters or that it returns no
value.