  1. Guest

    is there a facility for void datatypes in c programming?
    , Dec 4, 2007

    On Dec 4, 3:55 pm, wrote:
    > is there a facility for void datatypes in c programming?

    void is an incomplete type.
    , Dec 4, 2007

  3. Mark Bluemel Guest

    wrote:
    > is there a facility for void datatypes in c programming?

    What do your reference texts tell you about C data types?

    What does the standard tell you about C data types?

    What do you want a void data type to do?
    Mark Bluemel, Dec 4, 2007
  4. James Kuyper Guest

    wrote:
    > is there a facility for void datatypes in c programming?

    C has a type whose name is void; it's "an incomplete type which cannot
    be completed", which is very important and meaningful if you understand
    what the C standard says about complete types, and sounds like gibberish
    if you don't. I can describe the properties of that type; but if you're
    not aware of that data type, I suspect that those properties are not the
    same as what you are asking for.

    What does "void datatype" mean to you?
    James Kuyper, Dec 4, 2007
  5. santosh Guest

    wrote:

    > is there a facility for void datatypes in c programming?

    From section 6.2.5 (19) of n1256

    The void type comprises an empty set of values; it is an incomplete type
    that cannot be completed.

    You use the keyword void in function declarations and definitions to
    indicate that it does not take any parameters or that it returns no
    value.
    santosh, Dec 4, 2007