voip C++ PC to PC code?

Jeff

I apologize if this isnt the place for this question.

Im looking for some code that takes the mic input and spkr output on a
PC
under windows (later other platforms) and converts it to data/packets
so I can
send/recv to another PC for very simple VOIP communication. I already
know
how to do the sockets stuff, but figure someone has solved this plenty
of times
already for the rest of the world to us.

Ive searched
but so far everything seems to be sold, not free. Its ok if I MUST
pay for
some software to develop with, Id just rather find something free for
now if
possible. Encryption would be a big bonus as we have to encrypt
eventually.

Does anyone know or have used something in their own apps?

Thanks,
Jeff

diligent.snail

[...]

This is not the right group. Try a simple google search:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=windows+audio+api&qt_s=Search&sa=N&tab=gw

regards.