VPython and 3D Visualization

Discussion in 'Python' started by Joel C. Alcarez, May 7, 2004.

  1. VPython and 3D Visualization

    I have been using VPython ( http://www.vpython.org)  in developing cross platform 3D visualization tools for Physics Lectures.

    My experience with Python and VPython has been rewarding in more ways than one.

    My employer Mapua (http://www.mapua.edu.ph/)  has decided to support my work and send me (Joel Alcarez) and my collaborator Prof. Joyrence Agas to Ateneo de Davao to demonstrate the software developed using Python and VPython to a very receptive audience composed of distinguished Physics professors from all over the country.

    (Check out Mapua news -http://www.mapua.edu.ph/news/?newsid=47)

    About me:
    I am a web developer at the Mapua Institute of Technology doing part-time research and lots of  free-lance work.

    I have been in IT  for more than six years.  I really enjoy coding in Python.

    I also use VB/VB.net ASP and ASP.NET but only for the routine day job I have as a web developer/programmer and some other freelance jobs.

    Joel C. Alcarez, May 7, 2004

  2. > "Joel C. Alcarez" wrote:

    > My employer Mapua (http://www.mapua.edu.ph/) has decided to support
    > my work and send me (Joel Alcarez) and my collaborator Prof. Joyrence
    > Agas to Ateneo de Davao to demonstrate the software developed using
    > Python and VPython to a very receptive audience composed of
    > distinguished Physics professors from all over the country.

    Congratulations!

    --
    __ Erik Max Francis && && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
    / \ San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && AIM erikmaxfrancis

    Erik Max Francis, May 7, 2004

  3. Joel C. Alcarez wrote:

    > I have been using VPython ( http://www.vpython.org) in developing cross
    > platform 3D visualization tools for Physics Lectures.
    >
    > My experience with Python and VPython has been rewarding in more ways
    > than one.
    >
    > My employer Mapua (http://www.mapua.edu.ph/) has decided to support my
    > work and send me (Joel Alcarez) and my collaborator Prof. Joyrence Agas
    > to Ateneo de Davao to demonstrate the software developed using Python
    > and VPython to a very receptive audience composed of distinguished
    > Physics professors from all over the country.

    sounds great!

    I have been playing myself somewhat with VPython and it is amazing how
    fast you can create 3D visualizations.

    regards Gerrit

    --
    Gaudi systems architecting: