VS 2005 trying to publish a website - need help

Learner

Hello,

I recently converted a VS 2003 application to VS 2005. When I
compile it in VS 2005 every thing gets compiled with no errors. But
when I try publishing the website I get all different kinds of
errors... just to give you a number of errors it is 888 :) All these
errors aren't syntax errors in code behind files. I see all these
in .aspx pages for instanse...

Error 927 Validation (XHTML 1.0 Transitional): This name contains
uppercase characters, which is not allowed. D:\... 1967 8 http://localhost...

Error 14 Element 'PageView' is not a known element. This can occur if
there is a compilation error in the Web site. D:\... 79 9 http://localhost/...

Error 15 Validation (XHTML 1.0 Transitional): This name contains
uppercase characters, which is not allowed. D:\.... 80 32 http://localhost/.../

in this case it is complainin about "cellSpacing". If I change this to
"cellspacing" (changing S to s) then that error goes away.

I have these kind of errors around 888. Is there a to fix these errors
in shot? or is there any option to pick just to accept that way they
are? If any one run into this kind of situtaion please help.

Thanks in advance,
-L

Ross Culver

You've got a lot of clean up to do in your html code. Most of these errors
prevent you from publishing, but they do prevent you from successfully
building.

Ross

humbleaptience

You've got a lot of clean up to do in your html code. Most of these errors
prevent you from publishing, but they do prevent you from successfully
building.

Ross

Try running your code thro an HTML validator if you need a second
opinion, there is one on w3c.org

Learner

You've got a lot of clean up to do in your html code. Most of these errors
prevent you from publishing, but they do prevent you from successfully
building.

Ross

Hello,

I am not sure if I really have to sit and clean all the .aspx
pages. It is really painful job. I just found an option in VS 2005
IDE under Tools --> Options -->Text Edition --> HTML and go to the
right pane and un check the "Show Errors" check box and that helped me
to igonre all the errors. But when I wanted to publish it still
through 3 errors in the Error List

Error 1 Invalid token 'Text' at root level of document. D:\AODSetup
\ParishForms301\_vti_cnf\web.config 1 1 Miscellaneous Files
Error 2 XML document must contain a root level element. D:\...\vti_cnf
\web.config 4 1 Miscellaneous Files
Error 3 Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. D:\...
\_vti_cnf\web.config 1

when I double click on them I get a common 3 line error message in
web.config file

vti_encoding:SR|utf8-nl
vti_timelastmodified:TR|15 Dec 2004 14:34:06 -0000
vti_extenderversion:SR|4.0.2.7802

Not sure what exactly these mean.

Any inputs is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,