    please walk me through setting this up it would be appreciated. Remember I
    am new to all of this so please keep that in mind when you explain it.

    Thanks

    tripwater, Apr 5, 2005

  2. Hi!

    The "mixed mode" has nothing to do with VS. You can specify this option
    during the installation process of your sql-server. You can setup "mixed
    mode" with your Enterprise Manager on an existing installation of SQL-Server.

    Open Enterprise Manager, right-click on the server you want to setup and
    choose settings. Open the tab "Security" and choose "SQL Server and Windows"
    under Authentication.

    You now can setup any user for the database (e.g. sa) with a password to use
    this information in future for a database connection.

    cu patrick

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljaw==?=, Apr 5, 2005

  3. tripwater

    tripwater Guest

    Thanks for the reply Patrick. Well upon further investigation, I do not have
    Enterprise Manager installed. I tried searching for it through google but I
    came up with third party sites trying to sell it. I did download the MSDE
    SQL Server Web Data Administrator from Microsoft but it had a web interface
    and locked up. BTW I am running MSDE, if that changes anything. Again thanks
    for your help. Hopefully you or someone can point me in the

    right direction form here as to how I can obtain a reliable manager.

    tripwater, Apr 5, 2005
  4. tripwater

    tripwater Guest

    The book I have that walks me through setting up sqlserver does not show me
    how to setup mixed mode. It starts off running the install then says to run
    : setup instancename="netsdk" sapwd="sa" in a command window.

    Then run: net start mssql$netsdk to start it.

    Can you please tell me at what stage do I make a change and what info I need
    to enter please? I do not know what I am doing so I am following this book.
    Now the book is covering web forms and it had me setup windows
    authentication in the install!

    Thanks

    tripwater, Apr 5, 2005
  5. Hi tripwater,

    using the MSDE makes it just a bit harder, not unpossible.

    I found this on my way through the www:
    C:\...MSDE\>Setup.exe DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0
    SAPWD="password " INSTANCENAME="myinstance" SECURITYMODE=SQL

    The important option is "SECURITYMODE=SQL" this will allow access using the
    userinformations defined in your MSDE. However I'm afraid, you need to
    reinstall the MSDE; I'm not sure...

    You can find the complete article here:
    http://www.codeproject.com/database/ConfigureMSDE.asp?print=true#5

    regards