    I'd ask.

    thanks!
    xxz

    xz, Jul 26, 2007

  2. xz

    ThunderMusic Guest

    hi,
    what are your requirements? you say you can't install VS, is it because
    you're not on Windows? the machine you're on is not powerful enough? if so,
    what is the machine specs? it could help to find something suitable...

    There are express editions for each language but I think you can't do any
    web dev with it... but I'm not sure...
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualcsharp/default.aspx

    I hope it helps

    ThunderMusic

    ThunderMusic, Jul 26, 2007

  3. VS 2005 does have a built-in test web server actually. I'm not sure if
    Visual Web Developer Express comes with it as well, but it's worth a try:
    http://www.asp.net/downloads/essential.aspx?tabid=62

    Most of the other tools would still require a test web server of some sort
    to be able to view what you'd written so VS may be your best bet.

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Jul 26, 2007
  4. xz

    xz Guest

    IIS seems to be blocked at work (don't ask) on this test box. I've
    got Cassini. Apache could be a possibility, haven't tried.
    For whatever reason VS won't install, so I'm looking for alternative
    places to write some test business logic and get a couple pages up and
    running. I have Access but don't want to be writing spaghetti inside
    vb-modules ;)

    xz, Jul 27, 2007
  5. xz

    Patrice Guest

    This is just text so any text editor would provide at least basic
    capabilities.

    That said my personal preference would be likely to find out why VS (which
    version, on which OS are you trying to install) doesn't install possibly
    asking to your system administrators...

    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, Jul 30, 2007