VS marks 'readonly'attribute as error for input tag

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Sree, Feb 24, 2004.

  1. Sree

    Sree Guest

    I have an aspx page created in visual studio but edited
    the HTML to add some client control and client side script.

    in the following code, visual studio would
    mark 'readonly' and 'style' with a red underline.

    <input type="text" style="border-style: solid"
    maxLength="40" size="30" name="txtDisposition" readonly>

    when mouse over , the tooltip would say -- Could not find
    any attribute 'readonly' of element 'input' OR Could not
    find any attribute 'style' of element 'input'

    VS will not complain about no other elements even if i
    remove style and readonly attributes from code.

    also some times VS will update the style attribute to some
    thing like style="top-border-style: solid;left-border-
    style: solid;bottom-border-style: solid;right-border-
    style: solid" (i am not being able to reproduce this
    now.. so, not sure if this is exactly same)

    my VS 2003 version is 7.1.3088

    if i copy following html to another new aspx, VS does not
    find this as a error.

    border="0">

    maxLength="40" size="30" name="txtDisposition"

    readonly> <INPUT type="hidden"
    size="" name="hidProcessName"></td>

    Sree, Feb 24, 2004

  2. Just curious as to whether the pages behave when you have this meta tag?

    Perhaps VS.NET uses that to decide what is good and bad HTML code?

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Feb 25, 2004

  3. Sree

    Guest Guest

    wonderful.. the page behaves well.